Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Let's see how this works out



7 comments:

Chickens in the Basement said...

Good Morning,

My favorite organization tip...I pick up sturdy picnic baskets whenever I come across them. Ditch all of the picnic items, spray paint the basket red, and store sewing projects inside. One holds the pieces of a quilt I'm working on. Another holds supplies for Christmas ornament crafts. Also, old china boxes, also painted red, are perfect for storing vintage buttons!

Whatever I Say said...

I steal all of my organization tips from you, so I am fairly certain you know them all already. My favorite stolen from you tip is the fabric rolling. I rolled all of my fabric in January and not only do I find myself admiring it more, when I actually need it, I can get it.

nici said...

I realized one reason my studio would start to devolve into chaos was that I was using containers with no lids. That is to say, pretty bins or baskets that allowed me to clean up "real quick" by chucking stuff into the nearest open container. By switching over to drawers and lidded boxes, taking things out and putting them back becomes far more deliberate (and...ugh...disciplined), plus, they stack!! :)

BlueCrayons said...

yay i just got home from surgery just in time to enter.

i like to take old cigar boxes and cover them with my favorite fabric and use them to store stamped images. i use class jars and cover in patterned paper and use to store flowers, buttons, beads, i use coffee cans covered in fabric to hold my crafting scissors. theres alot more too... thanks for letting me enter.

JennieGee said...

I went to the car and tools section and got a compact black organizer that I use to keep all my brads, jewels, buttons etc..., basically I have all my embellishments in one easily accessible container and it is simple to look for and find something . Plus it is a nice compact and free standing size that it can sit against the wall on my craft table
It 's also nice, that you can leave the drawers as they are and that will leave you with 60 drawers or you can use 1 of 2 dividers in each tray so it can hold up to 90 little compat,emts
thanks JennieGee (on swapbot) jenawin is my gogle account as Jennie Gee was already taken

Beth Parker said...

I use 2" x 3" plastic zipper bags with a hole punched through the top to store my beads. I hang them on small nails on the wall so I can see exactly what I have to work with.

karen said...

To keep my frantic searching to a minimum, I use Stanley consumer storage organizers to hold bottles, bits, beads, and even glue sticks. The sturdy case with a clear cover is meant for sorting hardware, but it's also great for craft supplies. My other sanity-saver are inexpensive, upright cardboard magazine holders which I use to store papers, paper cutters, and even fabric. They don't take up much room, and you can decorate them to suit. I look forward to the other suggestions too! Thank you!