Monday, August 30, 2010

Home

You know, this summer seems to have breezed by in a haze of laziness on my part. I haven't update my Etsy shop since July and I haven't embarked on any big projects as of late. I went on vacation and came back refreshed, but came back to heat that I just found so awful I have done nothing but watch television and play video games. (And read! But that's a given)

I finally made it around to a Totally Tim Studio Day at Scrapbook 911. Studio Day is when you work on whatever you'd like and there's demos and whatnot of Tim Holtz products. It was a good time and I did get a project done!

Although, now that I think about it, it was more a 7 Gypsies inspired project...oh well!

I put together this box from over at One Lucky Day mostly because I wanted to see if I could measure and cut, then build, a box from scratch. I'm not the best with measurements and straight lines as it is, but found this to be a breeze to put together. It was a bit on the time consuming side, but very satisfying once the box started coming together.

In progress:


Best part: now that I know I can build a box from scratch, I know I can build them in different sizes to suit my needs.

Box without it's roof: It's lined with some paper I picked up at 911 (which I now can't remember what it's called) and to that I just edged it out with some distressed ink. The doilies I sprayed with Adirondack Colorwash Spray. ( I love that stuff) The rest is just millinery flowers and bird, a branch from a nearby bush, and some Prima fabric leaves.



All carefully glued together to become this:


No clue where I'll hang it, but I do love it. It further shows my love (okay, obsession) with bird houses and little mini-buntings!

No comments: