Sunday, April 24, 2011

soared to be happy

I spent a few hours yesterday morning make a little pick-me-up gift for a friend. I knew I wanted to do something with a bird and the flying theme; somehow the blue and green used in this tutorial seemed to be the perfect thing for it!

I have 3 of the Tim Holtz Distress stains and so far love them. I used the Broken China over white card stock.


Added a little of the Peeled Paint then gave it a spritz with the Tattered Angels Snow Queen.

I had already in my collection a birdcage cut from grunge board and a chipboard bird that I covered with a sheet of vintage paper. I painted the cage gold and used some Snow Queen on that; the bird I darkened with some Vintage Paper distress ink. (finding it amusing that the vintage paper was being colored with vintage paper ink)


For the words I stamped onto some brown card-stock like paper and the 'happy' was chipboard letters I covered in a pink paper, then inked over with the Spun Sugar stain. I ended up mounting the entire thing on a piece of sturdy chipboard.


Not quite like the original, but the original served as a FANTASTIC jumping off point for me. I love a project when I can make it my own and I see another one of these in my future as a wedding gift.

Original and very inspiring tutorial can be found here: My Kind of Creating

No comments: