Tuesday, February 14, 2012

valentines are for girls

Photo: the 2012 Valentine I've given out to the ladies in my life. (I ran out of supplies to make them so not everyone got them but I think I substituted them with a cute and fun Valentine that slacker me sent out today)

Here's the thing. I don't make Valentine's for men. I'll give them a verbal Happy Valentine's Day, but that's it. It isn't that I don't love them, I do, but Valentine's Day has always been this day where I get to confess my love and admiration for the women in my life. It just seems a fitting time to do that. A day about love to tell people I love them. Every day is about loving those around you but Valentine's Day just makes it seem a little more special.

They make me laugh and cry and feel hopeful and inspired and they make me happy, all these women. What good is Valentine's Day if I don't take advantage of the sentiment to remind them that they are loved, by me? That there's someone out there that isn't a family member that thinks they rock my world in so many ways? That admires them for what they have and what they share and what they give. It's like my one day a year where I can give them a big and proper heartfelt thank you for being them.

It's a day of love and damn right I show it!

1 comment:

Robin said...

from now on I am totally going to do this for the women in my life. you've inspired me!!