Monday, April 22, 2013

Mail Art: Bird swap

I've been doing a few low-budget swaps here and there on Swap-Bot the last two weeks or so and dropped this into the mail today after working on it yesterday at my craft meeting. For said swap you had to create a bird themed envelope and include something bird themed inside. While I don't like birds in real life (I'm forever scarred by a 5th grade school viewing of The Birds) I do love crafting with them. 

The envelope, made from a piece of Tim Holtz Kraft Resist paper (which I'm glad I bought when it first came out because now I understand it's hard to track down.) It's hard to tell in the photo but I used some Broken China distress ink over. (Also, my first attempt, which I'm not showing, was horrible and the cause for great laughter yesterday. I'd covered it in the Salty Ocean ink and it was SO DARK. So I used the Picket Fence Marker to sort of highlight the bird and let's just say...it looked so bad several people did a double take upon seeing it.) 

My favorite of the tags. Stenciled with a diamond pattern in Squeezed Lemonade and another yellow that I currently can't recall. Then stamped with a text stamp in a light orange. The bird stamp came from this set over at PaperWings Productions. (In fact, they all did) The text stamp is also PaperWings. 

This one is variations of green, stenciled, then stamped. 

In the photo, this one isn't that visible, but in hand, it's fantastic looking. Another stencil background in two colors - picked raspberry and worn lipstick. While the top one is my favorite of the four, the colors of this one I am in love with.

Finally a bird with a crown on top of a ledger stencil on top of a woodgrain stencil complete with my fingerprint! 



No comments: