A little tour of the craft room...originally put together to share with a friend but I decided it would make a great blog entry.
View of the entire room from the door. (Ignore anything that might look messy!)
The red metal utility shelves of storage: where I keep my stickers, stamp binders, cardstock, book binding materials, books I've made, and various other misc. supplies. All labeled, of course. The shelf was a great trash day find - my neighbors left it on the curb when they moved and of course, I strolled across the street and dragged it back. In fact, some of the storage in my office has been found during junk pick up times.
The station next to the paper side of my desk. The drawers and the rolling cart both were junk heap finds - the cart still in it's box, unassembled. They hold more stamps, ephemera, tubs of embossing powder, glues, small game pieces.
The paper side of my desk. Several years ago as a birthday gift the desk set up was built for me. It's got one long table, two shelves, and two corner shelves. They are just stained plywood and they have served me VERY well. (So well, in fact, they've moved with us and will continue to move with us) I can't imagine any other kind of set up, to be honest.
The computer side of the desk. We used to keep the computer in a different room, but then realized that I use it more often than I think I do when crafting. I'm either constantly looking up instructions, inspiration, or printing, so it makes sense to have it in the craft room. (I know a few people who don't keep theirs in the craft room so it's not a distraction.) And since it's an all in one machine, it's all just right there in that spot and easy to push back to the wall should I need the space.
A Home Depot cart rescued from their trash! Yes, it's yellow. Yes, it's got price stickers n it. Yes, it says Off! and Raid, as it was a display cart. But it's made by Rubbermaid, it's heavy duty, adjustable, and rolls. It's where I keep printer needs, bins of chipboard letters, various tools, and a giant wooden organizer of all my paints, stickles, sprays, and distress stains.
The wall above the yellow cart holds bins of fabric, a box of patterns, and the top shelf is just pieces of my collection.
There's always a cat in here. Always.
Across from the desk, along the wall with the door, is my sewing table. Same plywood set up, an addition years ago. There's a corner set of drawers there, my light saber on the peg rack where I keep bags, and a nice corner for me to sew on. And a cat. A different cat. The old lady cranky cat that spends the majority of her time in the craft room - it's basically her domain. If she's not asleep in that basket on the table she's perched on a corner shelf or the top of the door, or she's right next to the computer like she is currently.
The opposite side of the sewing desk. Where I cut and iron. I got rid of the ironing board a long time ago in favor of a fabric covered towel. It works best for me - it takes up less space and I don't have to drag the iron out every time I want to use it. The iron rack on the wall is my most favorite craft item to date: I can leave the iron on while working and it doesn't ruin anything, I have a place to keep it out of the way, and it's within arms reach while I'm working. The shelf above the desk, and underneath the shelf, is just more of my art collection. Tags I've made, birthday gifts, my vintage plastic Nativity, my inspiration board.
My craft room is perfectly and perfectly cluttered and I do love working it!
No comments:
Post a Comment