When it comes to sewing there's only one thing I love more than buying new fabric(s) for my stash (see above) and that's...
Success!
I found this Japanese Knot Bag tutorial recently and against my better judgment, I bookmarked it. Adorable bag, I thought. But it's probably difficult and I'll never get through it, I thought. Yet I bookmarked it anyway. Then the other day while looking for a new project I kept going back to it and finally decided to give it a go.
What the hell, I thought, if I fail, I fail. It isn't my fault my brain isn't wired to read patterns and whatnot.
40 minutes later -- with no rewriting in a way I could understand it -- I had myself my very own Japanese Knot bag!
It was so easy and the directions were clear and for the first time in a very long time, I didn't have to rewrite the entire thing in a way I could understand it. The seams came out brilliantly, it's adorably reversible, and even though I had a little bit of a hard time with the handles, I got it worked out and found success!
(Above: inside the Knot bag if you couldn't figure it out. I don't take the best pics!)
I'm using the red one to carry my Wednesday night craft supplies around and I've gotten a few comments on it. I've already made 6 of them to give to my friends, hence the delay in my posting here for a few days. It's simple, pretty projects like these that really give me a much needed boost in my sewing self- esteem.
No comments:
Post a Comment