A few hours yesterday and a few hours today have been spent making birthday presents for two little girls in my world: a one and a two year old. The one year old, whose birthday isn't until March, is getting a house (there's a tutorial I'm not looking exactly forward to) and a set of these hair clips. The two year old, whose birthday was at the beginning of August, is getting that set of blocks from a previous entry and a set of hair clips.
That's right...this weekend was hair clip weekend using this tutorial.
Easy? Very. Just draw, sew, cut, and stuff.
A little tedious? Yes. Especially when your hands bother you from doing small pieces like that and not even the hand brace helps. (Alas, it's not just my sewing and embroidery projects causing issues, it's how I sleep.)
Worth it? VERY. They are adorable and a great way to use up bits of left over fabric from my growing stash.
Tips: the less you stuff your circle, the easier it is to get it to look like an actual flower. I used 3 strands of embriodery floss instead of two simply because I like how it looked and it seemed a bit more sturdier to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment