Monday, September 8, 2008

Pin cushions, pillows, and hair clips, oh my

The chair cushion is finally finished. Oddly, it came out more bed pillow size than chair cushion size, but it works. For now. And yes, my bedroom REALLY is that (awful) color of Lavender. Despite the wall color and the clearly oversized pillow, I like the black against the purple. I just like how it looks.


I was in desperate need of one of these pincushions for my quilting pins, so I went ahead and made one. Note: steel wool is messy and not only did I have to change shirts, I had to shower, sweep off my table, AND made a new cover for my ironing mat. All those little bits of steel wool everywhere was annoying. I make these again and I'll be making them outside. So far, though, it works like a charm!


And finally...more hair clips. I know. I know. I have unruly, curly hair and it gets frizzy when I step outside. I keep it up most the time but sometimes it still gets in my way. Bobby pins are great, but I had to cut one out of my hair last week, so I switched to the metal snap clips. (Which I just picked a lot of 60 of them for 5 bucks total on Ebay after an exhaustive internet search for them!)

I took a cue from Angry Chicken and made these from some felt scraps I had lying around. A little wool felt, some vintage buttons, some flowers...and I was set.


These three and the white one (which I wore out today to an appointment) are my favorites!


Oh, and if you are wondering...these album cover organizers work like a charm and are a god-send!

1 comment:

Mits said...

Such a real artistic work that you have done. My complements is always with you.

==================================
Atul
nitishrocks