I bought these charm squares a few weeks ago on Etsy and finally got to putting them into some kind of patchwork formation. I was just playing around with them and came up with something I liked and the border just happened...it's wild and bright and I love it!
That patchwork is going to be turned into an overstuffed pillow for this chair, which I found this morning in our garage while cleaning it out. (Like I said before: previous owner = lots of stuff. ) The chair was in great condition and I just spray painted it black then gave it a coat of shellac for some shine. Tomorrow I'm going to finish the pillow and it's going to go into my bedroom, where my cats will probably claim it for sleeping.
(Please ignore my recycling bin and misc. pieces of junk on the floor!)
It was a cigar box I'd peeled all the paper off of and sanded. I covered it with the Damask paper on the outside and used the black/white dots on the inside. Unfortunately, I got black paint from when I did the edges on the dotted paper, so I'm going to have to redo it. To put it all back together I have some decorative hinges that should do the trick and match the paper nicely. More pics when it's done!
On today's garage cleaning adventure: there was a large steamer trunk piled under boxes of glass for stained glass making. Inside was a full service silver set for Thanksgiving (antique!) and...AND...about 40 yards of vintage fabric from the 50's along with several sets of really awesome sheets. Oh. And a brand new with all sorts of attachments Minolta camera.
You'd think score, right?
WRONG.
In addition: there were 4 GIANT boxes of mothballs. When I say GIANT, think large box of detergent GIANT. The smell was so awful we could hardly stand it even though we were in open air. We took out the silver service and resealed the chest. Its going to the dump. Even I know there's nothing that can be done for the smell and it makes me so very sad. I wanted to cry, losing all that glorious fabric, but it was a lost cause.
No comments:
Post a Comment