Monday, October 6, 2008

"They're really proud of their stuff."

For being the 7th largest city in the U.S. we have an awful set of thrift stores here. We have two types: Goodwill, who stocks about 60% Target cast-offs and is awfully expensive, and the Salvation Army which is being overtaken by furniture and books. Thus the comment often heard in a thrift store here "They're really proud of their stuff", meaning, well, it's pretty much overpriced. I occasionally hit a Goodwill in search of sheets and pillow cases of the vintage variety, but rarely find them.

Today after lunch, we took a quick walk through a Goodwill I haven't been in in a while.

I found these super adorable bowls. 2 of them; the pattern sort of matches the coffee set in my kitchen. 49 cents each.


This piece of framed art that someone made. I couldn't leave it behind. 99 cents.



Sheet (right) and pillowcase. I love, love, love the pillowcase. 5.99 for the sheet (I KNOW!) and 99 cents for the pillowcase.



This metal tray. Not old, but vintage looking. I didn't need it, but couldn't resist it. 49 cents.


Also purchased but not picture worthy: a rubbermaid container for 99 cents, a wooden house for 99 cents that will be a Christmas present, and an odd, oblong shaped towel I'll turn into a rug. Also 99 cents.

It's the best I've done at a Goodwill in a long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love those bowls! I have a weakness for thrift-store stuff, and they are so cute.

Is this your new blog? I like the look. Come back more often--I miss you, darling. Your CD is literally sitting in an envelope on my couch, but I have no stamps! Alas. I suck.

In other news, re: your comment, I know. I had hoped it wouldn't come up again, but it's...well. You know. Hope this ends it, or at least pushes it to the back burner again. Ugh.

<3 Sara