Monday, October 6, 2008

Paper Patchwork notebook

After a few days of cleaning, being under the weather, and listing a mass amount of vintage fabric on Ebay (yes, I kept some for myself!), I finally, finally got around to doing something for myself. I found this tutorial the other day and for as simple as it is, I bookmarked it anyway as sort of a reminder to do it...I go through a lot of notebooks and like to have prettier covers.

This one, for example. Seen here with my cat Miss. Bunny Watson:


A better look. It's a graph paper notebook meant for mapping out small sections of mining/railroad tracks.


Using the clever and simple tutorial, it went from an all over ugly yellow to this:



I just used scraps of paper I couldn't bear to part with and my handy-dandy square template. I didn't cover the spine because I liked the yellow (a little bit) but also because it would have been a pain to cover. A couple of scraps, some squares, some Mod-Podge and 15 minutes before bed and I have a pretty new notebook for sketching out those patterns that float around in my head!

No comments: