Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We need a little Christmas

I think maybe I need a better allergy medication at the moment more than I need a little Christmas. They are driving me nuts. Also, I don't even know why that song is even stuck in my head; it's not quite time to bust out the Christmas music.

I made stockings. Someone tried to walk off with one at the craft show, so that was nice. I like making stockings because it's one of those sky's the limit type projects. Christmas just isn't Red and Green anymore. It's not the traditional Velvet stocking. It's not that horrible poly blend red fuzzy stuff that cheap stockings are made of anymore. I have one of those in the Christmas box; poly blend red with my name in puff paint and a wooden Santa glued onto it. I put it up every year, but I also throw up a few with a little flair to them.

Inspired by Martha Stewart's stockings last year:






It's amazing the number of felt flowers I go through in a week. Truly.

Fun and funky dots and stripes.


A rather patriotic yet vintage snowman stocking. I'm not sure I like the color scheme, but I do like how it all looks together. And that snowman trim is a gem; we found it in a box of notions in the garage and I was more than happy to claim it for my own.



Probably my favorite of them all. I love the pink. I love the print. I love the dots. It's just fun a whimsical...the way Christmas should be.


Of course, these are on sale in my shop.

Oh! And speaking of shop! Keep your fingers crossed...I might be appearing in a Salt Lake City store soon!

No comments: