I found the mini quilted tin idea in a magazine and had to try it. My quilt piece was actually a piece from a vintage quilt I found in my garage that was far too damaged for me to repair, but usable enough for small projects. I goofed, though, and started making a pin cushion. I remedied that by running it through my machine and giving it more of a flower look by quilting each hexagon.
I love how it turned out.
My lid. Just a square from the Recess Charm pack and a felt flower. (Seriously, if you are looking to buy fabric online, check out Pink Chalk Fabric. Not only is she super nice, she's got a great selection and I swear the woman runs a post office out of her house because I get my orders usually within a DAY.)
Instructions from the magazine if you'd like to make your own!



Edited to say: I honestly did not know that Kathy Mack, the woman who created the mini-quilt tin, was the same Kathy who run Pink Chalk fabric.
No comments:
Post a Comment