Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First of the New Year

I'm just getting settled into the new year and it's slow going. I'm finding myself unmotivated, uninspired, and strong with the desire to do nothing but sleep all day. Progress, if there is any, comes very slowly.

The first craft of the new year:


I wanted a wreath for my front door and came up with this. I yarn wrapped a Styrofoam wreath and accented it with some clearance sale "greenery picks" from Michaels. I was going to use the bird at Christmas time and never did. The whole thing just came together after two days and I couldn't be more pleased with the look.

I wish I'd gotten around to knitting that scarf for myself with those four colors of yarn, but oh well! It's not going to be cold much longer and I hardly have a need for a scarf now. I do, though, have quite a bit left, so maybe I'll put it aside for this coming November.

New: blog template. I quite like it and got it here. She's got some wonderful designs.

Upcoming: Valentine's day gifts, I figure out which tutorial to try, and fleshing out an idea for an art journal as sort of a 365 day challenge.

Update: All the 2008 models in the Shop are on a very drastic clearance!

No comments: