Friday, February 6, 2009

it's been awhile, hasn't it?

Life, laziness, the death of my beloved dog, allergies...they've all kept me away from my sewing table, my paper area, and this blog. I've done things here and there, little projects, but nothing of great excitement.

A few weeks ago I signed up for this project over at the Art House in Atlanta. I got my sketchbook, it sat on my desk for awhile, and finally yesterday I sat down and focused. It took me all day, but I finally got it. The theme: Everyone We Know. Allowed to interpret that freely, I did. Mine is the Ex edition and since I can't sketch, I used regular old scrapbook paper and some very personal mementos. It was time for them to go and this was the perfect way to do it.



If you want to check out the entire book, I have it here in my Flickr account.

2 comments:

maggie fellow said...

oh my! no wonder you feel un inspired. Was this recent? I'm so sorry.
-Maggie
www.stampingwithmaggie.com

file under misc. said...

it was right before valentine's day. it was just awful and i still feel sort of sad about it. i get a touch of a crying fit every now and then...