Thursday, April 9, 2009

A tiskit, a tasket...it's...an Easter basket

We all know I'm not the best when it comes to making things from patterns. Those pesky directions get me every time...but this time I threw caution to the wind and tried this adorable pattern from Myrtle and Eunice.


He's my second one...and has already been shipped off in the mail as an Easter gift. There's also a third one, but she won't be posted until after Easter in the off chance she's seen early.

He isn't perfect, but the tutorial was clear, concise, and I had no issue following it to the desired effect. I love the goofy eyes and the legs crack me up. I'm so glad I tried this one out!

Oh. And the basket is just a simple felt and fabric basket I made mistakenly a few months ago ... when I was trying to make a fabric house. I didn't make a handle for it (it would have been simple to add some ribbon) because I wanted it to be a functional basket after wards.

1 comment:

Tania said...

Oh, excellent - he is very sweet indeedy...and thanks for dropping by to point me in your direction!