Monday, July 13, 2009

a bag and an update

First, the bag:

While cleaning out the massive amounts of junk left in a closet and in the garage, I came across two old, hand pieced quilts. Too lovely to throw away but way too much for me to salvage to their former glory, I cut them down into usable pieces. I did some zig-zag stitching for reinforcement and just quilted lines to give it some stability.


I LOVE it. I wish I knew how old this quilt was.



I lined the inside with some vintage floral print (found in the same bag) and gave it a magnetic snap.



An update: I finally did a shop update.
(Yay! if you have a coupon!) Cozies, pouches, and bobby pins. The quilt bag. (Free shipping on the quilt bag!) Coming up: wallets, card holders, tote bags.

Oh. And. If you Twitter, you can follow me now!

And Facebook too under the email collectedmess1 (at) gmail (dot) com.

Oh! And if you ever want to trade, I have some bags and whatnot in my Flickr stream!

1 comment:

African Kelli said...

wowie! those are gorgeous. And I'm so following you on the twit. :)