Thursday, July 30, 2009

So I was a little early


I laugh as I write this. I mean, really laugh. Why? Because I made this as a birthday gift and mailed it off -- 3 months early! I clearly misread Kelli's entry and thought her birthday was this week. I thought it was perfect timing since I needed to send her a mixed cd anyway. I laugh because I very rarely am ever on time with birthday gifts.

So, happy early birthday Kelli!

Tutorial wise, I lost the original tutorial I used for this. It was fairly similar to this one. Straight forward, simple, especially since I've made bunting with scrapbook papers. I did, though, because I had no clue how to use bias tape, have to watch this video several times. Made it so much easier!

3 comments:

African Kelli said...

Yes! Happy birthday to me! I love the joy sign. It is so cute and will be happily displayed in my home.
As for the music -- IN LOVE. Thank you again!

Wendy said...

I saw you on the Christmas block swap list, can't believe you already made yours! And I love the colors!

file under misc. said...

Thanks Wendy! I wanted to try the tutorial first to make sure I could actually do it (I don't quilt) and once I got started I couldn't stop. I figured it was better to be done than to have to rush -- I can be so, so bad about that!