To this:
I just covered all the canvas with scrapbook paper. I did do some embellishments, like the one above, but mostly I kept them simple because they are a gift for a man. I wanted them to look like tiles.
I love how they came out. You can see all of them here in the Flickr stream.
Supplies, if you were wondering:
Canvas: from Dick Blick. I used all three of the mini sizes plus a few I had lying around.
Paper: mostly Scenic Route and some American Crafts and Sassafrass Lass. I usually buy my paper from Scrapbook.com .
2 comments:
Love this idea! May I ask if you covered the sides or edges too or just the top? My favorite paper is the one with all the buildings, and please tell us how the diamond glaze turns out. Looks like a fun project!
Karen: I painted the sides. I figured it was easier (and quicker) than covering with paper. The next round I do I'll cover the edges just to see what it looks like. I couldn't find Diamond Glaze (the scrapbook store was out?!? and Hobby Lobby doesn't carry it) but I did buy a bottle of the Ranger Inksentials Glossy Accents. Same thing as Diamond Glaze, just a little thicker. It did the job -- I couldn't get a good pic of it though. It made it look like those buildings had glass!
Post a Comment