Saturday, September 5, 2009

A journaling we will go

Inspired by some awesome travel journals, I set out and made my own. I don't journal often anymore; I used to write all the time but unless it's a letter to a friend or relative, I don't do so anymore. (Sad, I know.) There is a part of me that wants to journal, document events and whatnot and I really got the inspiration bug when I saw Dispatch's journal.

I dug out the ephemera box and with my machine sewed together a few different sheets of paper. Layers of paper, envelopes, and old blank greeting cards to be exact.

(Pages, but my batteries died so I only got one pic!)


I took an old manilla folder and after some clever folding, I covered it with a piece of my favorite scrapbook paper. Then I ran it though my machine to give it a more put together look.


I sewed some vintage ric-rac onto the cover then sewed in my pages. I added two sets of ribbon so I can keep it tied closed. I think I am am going to sew some buttons onto the right side, but I haven't decided yet.


I think I'm going to fill in one of my pages with some receipts and jot a few lines about the boxes I sent for IBOL. I think it's a great start.

1 comment:

Tink Shui said...

I love this, my favourite thing is journals especially travel ones. I collect notebooks wierdly! lol. Good work!:)