Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Boot Camp


I spent some time catching up to the Creativity Boot Camp -- we're on day four and I was behind by, well, four!

I decided to go with paper as my medium. I sew all the time and am constantly playing with fabric, but the paper side of the room is neglected more often than not. I started my craftiness with paper, then moved to sewing; I decided it was high time to get back into it. As for my journal, I just went with a simple college ruled notebook that I plan on embellishing as I go. It just didn't feel right to go with something fancy for whatever reason.

So far, I've really enjoyed the projects. The journal prompts have actually sparked some positive thought and I LOVE that. Two of them resulted in my thinking about certain things in a different way. I've decided not to share the journal entries here but will share the art pieces I come up with over on Flickr.

What I'm enjoying the most, though? Getting through these projects not worried about how good they are compared to everyone else's. It's just the vibe of the entire project.

The above? The letter we had to write to our future selves. Everything else is here, so far.

2 comments:

Little Messy Missy said...

Looks good and the boot camp sounds fun!

Paula said...

Sounds like fun! I've been neglecting the paper side of my craft room also. There's so many fun and creative paper projects in blogland that it makes me want to jump back in there.

I'm one of your Whimsy Jar swap partners, so popped over to say hello, check out your blog and get idea's to start filling your jar.