Monday, January 24, 2011

from this to that

Oddly (or maybe not so, I've never been sure) I drink coffee in the summer and lots (lots) of tea in the winter. I'm a big fan of those Tazo teas you can pick up at Starbucks and have been collecting the empties for a while now. And since I can never seem to say no to more storage, I came up with this idea.

Empty tins: I just wiped them out. I didn't bother pulling the labels off or anything like that.


Measured and cut strips of paper and used a heavy duty double stick tape rather than glue. And by heavy duty I mean heavy duty. It's industrial strength double stick tape that they use to put together displays at Home Depot.


I removed a few pictures from my magnetic strip and artfully arranged my tins, screwing them into the wall with a single screw through the center.

Viola! Filled with various supplies that were just sitting in empty boxes and bags. I did save the lids and I'm sure I'll find a use for them at some point.


Of course, you can't really see the sides of the tins unless sitting at my computer, but I couldn't just leave them uncovered.


I've been told that if I keep up my current rate of tea drinking I'll have enough tins to fill the entire wall! (There are currently 4 waiting to be opened in my kitchen!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very clever organizing! And very nicely finished!

I am your swap girl for A SWAP FOR ALL SEASONS. Just wanted to let you know that I'll be mailing your piece this week. If you could email me too make sure I have the correct address, that'd be great!

Hugs,
Jan
fivefoottwo157@yahoo.com