Friday, September 6, 2013

i'm a liberal sprayer

Not having a project or any orders to fill means I have ample time to play around. (I always have time to play around, but this is like bonus time) I always feel sort of aimless in these periods but have been using them to teach myself new things (like the hexagons) or try projects I've pinned. Today it was the sprayed boxed letters at Balzer Designs


Since I'm rather distrustful of sprays working properly - I am *very* heavy handed - I just did some experiments on strips of watercolor paper I had in my stash. First I tried the tutorial - success! It gets a little messy and muddled, colorwise, as you progress, but it still looks fantastic. The one in black ink wasn't really bright enough to read so I just traced it. 


Since I had the sprays out...anyone remember Pogs? I found a Dallas Cowboys set. Well, not really found. They've been sitting on my dryer for weeks now since they were found from a box and for whatever reason not tossed in the trash. I used the Pogs as stencil and just sprayed over them. 


 Here they are hanging with the 'love' strip and the cardstock I used as the box mask for it. (Which I'll reuse in an art journal.)

And since I had the sprays out and a few strips of watercolor left...looking around for something else that was different I could use as a stencil/mask, I spotted these elastic pony-o's in their bin. I have TONS of them (I use them for making pouches that require an elastic and button closure) so it was no great loss to me to toss them when I was done. 


Before spray: I just laid them out in a random design and then flattened them down with the palm of my hand. 


Then sprayed.


Then carefully lifted them off. Viola. And of course I did it in green. 





No comments: