It's been a banner productive week here. (I laugh at my own play on words there.) When I finished Erin's quilt and matching pillow (go a post back or so) I realized I had an entire panel of blocks sewn together with no real purpose. I was in dire need of a quilted cozy for my beloved French Press coffee maker and after some quick measurements, the cozy was born.
Then Wednesday night found me inspired by something that I would normally find more irritating than anything else: the uppity woman who came into the store to buy stuff for a class she was teaching and was rude...but in that I'm going to laugh like I'm making a joke because I think I'm funny way. She was not funny and not very inspired about the class she was going to be teaching, but I did vow to prove her theory wrong once she'd left.
She was teaching a banner making class somewhere else and was concerned that the letters she'd picked out would be too small. They were perfect...I could see it in my head while she spoke and I knew that what she had would work. But she wasn't having it and left after purchasing a few other things. That's when I turned to Erin and said "I want to make something."
This was born:
Just a simple banner. Decorative paper mounted on top of an ink colored piece of cheap cardboard. I rubbed the edges with some ink and used the Grunge board for the letters, coloring them with a chalk ink pad. (I don't do paper creations often but when I do, I love the chalk inks. Such fantastic colors.) A little Stickles, some foam tape to give it some dimension, some ribbon, and poof! I had three very cute and whimsical banners.
I think it's one of the best, most adorable things I've ever made. Thanks uppity, unfunny rude teacher lady!
No comments:
Post a Comment