Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stashes and headbands

New fabric for my stash that I picked up at Hobby Lobby the other day. Normally The Lobby (as I like to call it) doesn't have the greatest selection of fabric, but this time it came through with some adorable prints I couldn't pass up. I bought them for the Knot bags I've been making; I'm not typically a coordinating fabric kind of girl, but the Knot bags inspire me to do exactly that. Coordinate.

I had another tutorial success today: the Reversible Headband that the long thread has up. Since I was just practicing I took some of the vintage sheet left over from the Erin blanket and some solid blue out of my scrap basket.


Please ignore my stained (but clean!) ironing mat. I need to make a new one but it's such a tedious chore to me for some reason...anyhow...my headband came out successfully on the first try, even if the sides are a little unevenly matched. I thought I'd have problems when it came to the ironing portion, but I didn't, much to my amazement. (Ironing tiny little seams like that typically equals burned finger tips for me!)


This is how pattern retarded I can be: I honestly thought that the elastic (which I cut an 1" too long) snaked through the band for some reason. That's what I thought while reading the instructions. Then when I got to the construction portion, I realized you do it the way it looks in the picture and all I could do was laugh...my poor head really is slow when it comes to pattern instructions!

No comments: