I found this the other day and I'd been wanting to try it ever since, getting around to it this evening.
What I love about this project: you can achieve a metal embossed look in pretty much a few minutes time.
What I don't love about this project: my hands. Anything that requires a lot of repetitive movement and whatnot wrecks havoc on my poor hands.
Easy, clear instructions. No rewriting on my part. Limitless possibilities, always a plus. It's a great project and can give you a very nice look...unless you are me and have to stop half way through tracing circles (which you can see in the background of my picture) because it just hurts too much.
You can tell from my picture that I tried. And while it's a bit on the messy side, it was a first attempt. I started with the dotted paper as a pattern because I thought circles would be easier on my hands. Alas, they weren't and you can see where I just went off on my own free-form merry way.
I like how it looks though, especially after coloring it in with Sharpies. The ink gives it a very gem like quality. The best part? I just peeled the tape off and retained my Altoids tin for the next time I want to give this project a whirl.
I think I might try it on a few dominoes to see if using a smaller etching area would be better on my hands.
I do love this project and hate that my poor hands can't handle it. I do, though, see a few possibilities as I write this: dominoes and the zillion Formica sample tags I've had on hand for ages. Could make interesting Christmas ornaments.
Hmm...I love this project too much to just let it go after one time. I think it's time for me to dig out the hand braces and give it another whirl.
Try it! You might like it! (And it's certainly easier than dragging out all your metal tools!) Check back for an update, because there certainly will be one.
No comments:
Post a Comment