Monday, July 27, 2009

Christmas in July

Let the record show that I don't really quilt. I can never get my seams to line up (not a big deal, I know). I simply find the whole process to be daunting and maddening, especially when I get to the let's put it all together part! I do like to make small doll quilts, though. What I enjoy the most, though, is the putting together of blocks part. There's just something fun about starting out with a square and adding to it to see what you get.

I joined the Scrappy Christmas Block swap at modernJax because I really wanted to try the tutorial being used for the blocks. So, so simple and once I got my fabric scraps down to the colors I wanted, I managed to whip out 8 of these in two days! The tutorial was clearly written, easy to follow, and I had no issues what so ever. I did, though, only use strips of one size.


And if you are wondering: yes, Christmas at my house is usually a pink, lime green, aqua, green dotted, stripped explosion.

I used the last of what Christmas fabric I had and threw in a few pieces of non-Christmas to balance it out. I think they are fun and colorful and so not the traditional holiday fare. I love them and I can't wait to see what everyone else in my group comes up with!

See the rest of them here.

No comments: